We won our first football game. Go Cougars!! We had really nice seats that were close to the field, but one debbie-downer was we had the sun shining at us for the majority of the game. It was quite toasty. The stadium was filled with BYU blue and white and Cosmo made his rounds getting everyone excited. I felt a little bit like a idiot because I didn't know any of the cheers, but I caught on fairly quickly! Nice work Cougs! Next up Air Force.
(I tried uploading a video of the B-Y-U-Cougars cheer, but it didn't work! so sad)
Then in our hall meeting we talked about the theme of our hall: Celebrate Good Times. I'm in college. These are the last few years I have before I start work and hopefully raise a family of my own. These are the years that I become the person I want to be and I can't do that if I over-think every instance in my life. I have to recognize the tender mercies in my life each day and enjoy the good times now. Here are some things I'm grateful for today:
1.The fact that my blisters from breaking in my new shoes have finally healed!
2. Sunday Cannon Center meals :)
3. Sunshine and 80 degree weather instead of 95
4. My roommate-we have our moments but we laugh during most of those moments
5. Church and the lessons that were given today
6. Emilee Crowder-I love her to death and she makes my day better every time I see her
I loving it out here when I think about the positive things. To this day I remember my tennis coach telling me I focus too much on the negative that I never appreciate the positive. I'd get frustrated over 1 shot I missed when the first 10 when spot on. Life isn't perfect and I know this sounds cheesy but it isn't-we instead should focus on the perfect moments we have throughout each day and our lives. On that note-the second week begins today!
Maggie I love you to death and your blog is so entertaining.
ReplyDelete