Monday, May 16, 2011

O'Donnell's

I love my job. Want to know why? I work with some of the funniest people and I definitely can't complain about the money. I went through about a week and a half of training and I have had 3 nights now working my own tables. So here's my O'Donnells story:

During my interview I couldn't stop thinking about how this was the completely wrong job. The manager scared me a little and I just kept second guessing myself. But it was a job so I stuck with it. I went to training which included a lot of shadowing and 3 exams. Yup. I had 3 written exams. One of the restaurant standards, food, and alcohol. Let's just say I did really well on the first two, and really REALLY struggled with the last one. However, I did pass, and I'm officially a server! :)

Now the people I work with are hysterical! Just to name a few of my buddies. Marcelo aka Tuna was my main trainer. Luis is my go to guy with all my questions. Rene and Carlos are brothers, but opposites. Carlos likes to joke around, but is very serious when it comes to work. Rene is mostly in the kitchen and he helped me the most when learning about food. Gus. Gus winked at me my first day-kinda weirded me out, but deep down he's a big softy haha. We are best buds. Brittney is a cute blonde from California. She's my go to girl for my "stupid questions" because she won't laugh at me like some of the boys might. Vicky is the crazy asian. She's our comic relief. Enough said. Matt aka Charlie is one of the bartenders. Everyone tells the new people his name is charlie, so that's now his name...It's just always crazy fun over there and I cannot complain about the other servers that I work with. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Are you ok?" or "Do you need help?" I would be rich! They're all so great!

Rick, the manager who interviewed me, actually turned out to be pretty cool. I later learned the day he interviewed me was not the best of timing for him. Joshua, another manager, is the diva of the restaurant. We talk about clothes, Lady Gaga, and he partially trained me in the alcohol department. That was an experience.

My job is great. Come in and ask for me and experience some of it for yourself! It's definitely hard work, but it's all worth it when I come home with $100 dollars in my pocket :) Happy Monday-I'm off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment