Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stand Tall

Sometimes Heavenly Father puts experiences in our path to make us think. At first that experience could cause some anger and confusing; however, I believe that's not what he wants us to feel. Maybe at first, but maybe he's trying to get you to focus...to stop rationalizing your thoughts and actions.

A recent experience I had filled me with anger, frustration, hurt, and bitterness. I was extremely confused about why my loving Heavenly Father would put me in that situation. What had I done to deserve that? Then I realized it's not him that's putting me there. Satan wants me to fall as far away from the gospel as I possibly could. He lies in the most deceiving places. He catches you when you least expect it. This experience filled me with the previously stated emotions, but I switched gears into thinking "What can I do better to strengthen my relationship with the Savior and my Heavenly Father to overcome the powers of evil??"

1 Nephi 22: 25-26, 31
And he gathereth his children from the four quarters of the earth; and he numbereth his sheep, and they know him; and they know him; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd; and he shall feed his sheep, and in him they shall find pasture.
And because of the righteousness of his people, Satan has no power; wherefore, he cannot be loosed for the space of many years; for he hath no power over the hearts of the people, for they dwell in righteousness, and the Holy One of Israel reigneth.
...Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is. Amen.

If we are righteous, faithful, and keep the commandments we are promised protection. Genesis 15:1 "After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield."

Let us all find a way to draw closer to God and our Savior. That's where our foundation should be and without a strong foundation we can not stand tall.

Thanksgiving is the around the corner and I couldn't be more grateful for the gospel and my family. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!!


No comments:

Post a Comment