Sunday, August 28, 2011

"It's All A Learning Experience"

As I sit here eating my Cheez-its, I find myself having time to blog! Never thought this would happen after first stepping into my apartment. I walked into a very hot apartment smelling a little bit like sewage. Low and behold, I found moldy cabinets and bathrooms. Crusty sink and shower faucets. Dirty socks found behind my bed, and a whole lot of dust. All of our feet turned black after walking on the tile floors and carpets in our bedrooms. I have to wash my feet before I go to bed. I'm not the one to complain, but my stress level shot through the roof. In fact, I'm cringing a little while I'm writing this.

 I don't feel the need to post pictures, but let's just say that I cleaning crew has been hired to come in tomorrow and our manager has agreed to have the carpets shampooed. Thank goodness! A big thanks goes to my lovely mother who I called maybe 100 times in the past 48 hours.

Accomplishments so far...
Vacuumed my room, bought a shower curtain, organized all of my belongings, cleaned the laundry room, scrubbed part of the crust of the sinks, created our "Junk" pile (I think we should name it), bought food to last a few days until they clean, and went to bed at 9 last night.

Things to be done...
cleaning crew tomorrow, buy my books, buy more groceries, put all kitchen stuff away, go to class! (that would be important), talk to Mark (our manager) about all our questions....all of this includes a lot but that's about it. After that apartment 301 should be running a little more smoothly and I won't have a giant head ache. :)

I'm optimistic about this week! Could it get any worse? I don't even want to know. Like my mom said...
"It's all a learning experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment