Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 6 Delft/Brussels

Thursday

I had wifi last night so I stayed up a little longer then I probably should have. We had a 5am wake up time to get ready to to travel to Flora Holland, then Delft, then The Hague Temple!

The flower auction was crazy! There were flowers everywhere and it smelled amazing in the warehouse. The auction part was confusing...I just saw a bunch of mostly men around computers with a big screen in front of them and racks of flowers circle through the room from the warehouse. Seemed like organized chaos!

We headed back to the bus (which is super nice compared to trying to find trains or flights) and went the Delft. This little town is so darn cute. It's known for its blue and white pottery that I'm sure most people have seen. We had so much time in such a small town; a lot of us got tired of walking around and just plopped ourselves in some chairs with tables, some had sodas and some stroop waffles! (I was a little sick of carbs at this points...my body wanted vegetables...comes later) After an hour of people watching we headed to...THE BUS!

I took a snooze on the next trip to the temple. We got to the little temple and it was so peaceful! It made me a little sad cause it's the one thing that has been closest to whats at home! That's one thing I love about the church. You have it wherever you go. We did baptisms and then we stopped to grab a quick bite.

I picked up some carrots!!! They have never tasted so good, holy moly. And a yogurt and I saw digestives (they are like a graham cracker cookie half covered in chocolate) and I had to get them!! Kayce, thank you for getting me hooked. Erica and I were so happy that there's a picture included on facebook with our food.

Back to the bus! (maybe ill abbreviate this to BTTB cause it'll be on every post from here on out) Our journey to Brussels begins at 7pm!

I passed out on the bus ride! It was much needed. We made a pit stop at the atominium (spelling??) which is basically a giant building in the shape of an atom. It is the Eiffel tower of Belgium according to patrick our bus driver.

We arrive in Brussels around 9ish and there were pretty much three things we all wanted to do. 1.eat chocolate 2.eat a waffle 3.see the little boy peeing statue :) well, we did all three and saw even more of the city! It's much more alive than London at night. The chocolate was super silky smooth and the waffles were caramelized almost, super yummy!! Kinda wish we were all staying here for more than a night! The pictures I don't think do justice for how open and pretty this place is. This just might be my favorite city so far. Along with Delft being the cutest town. Tomorrow is business visits and traveling most of the day to Paris!!

No comments:

Post a Comment