For those who are members... Am I wrong or is Conference one of the best weekends of the year. Am I wrong or does good old Dieter always has the answers!! I have been catching up on Conference today and I wanted to talk about President Uchtdorf's talk.
I'm in a time in my life when I'm counting down days. I am always looking forward to the next day because it means I'm one day closer to getting married. I'm not stopping and smelling the roses.
President Uchtdorf talked about how we need to enjoy each day. We can't start each day waiting for it to end. "There is something in each day to embrace and cherish." I need to remember this because there will come a time when I want time to slow down. There will come a time when I want moments to last forever.
One of his most powerful statements....
"We cannot take for granted one single day. I pray that we will not wait until we are ready to die before we truly learn to live."
Sure, it's OK to be excited and anxious for your wedding day to arrive, but it doesn't mean that good things aren't happening around me right now! My new goal is to have something different to be grateful for each day. Something that might not have happened the day before, or something that may never happen again! Be excited for special events in your future, but don't forget to enjoy the journey along the way :) Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment