Saturday, October 27, 2012

Plains Of Oklahoma

OOOOOOOOOKLAHOMA!!!

It's official! Dave branched Field Artillery this week which means our first official move out of Provo is....FORT SILL OKLAHOMA! We will most likely be moving there next summer and let me tell you I'm kind of excited believe it or not! There's a song by Jason Aldean that I have always loved and now it applies to me!!


The base is basically in the city Lawton, OK which actually has more people than the city of Gaithersburg! So no, Mom, there's civilization closer than an hour away...However, the google maps do make it look like it's out in the middle of nowhere. 

In comparison to OK City...I didn't even know where that was haha.
Just a closer up view. Notice all the green and brown! :)
If you were to tell me that I was going to be living in Oklahoma at some point in my life I would have chuckled. This is definitely going to be one of many adventures that Dave and I will have! :) Also, because this is just Basic Officer Leaders Course (in English...Branch Training) we actually won't be here much longer than 4 months. After he is done with BOLC (training) then we will be assigned to our first duty station which is then the typical 2-3 years. (From what I understand...my army knowledge is not great but I'm working on it!)

Pretty exciting stuff I must say!! We will know our move date around February. Until then, I'm going through the temple, finishing out the semester, getting married, and doing our first mini move together in Provo. Lots of changes and I can't wait! Happy Saturday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment