Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Today is my mama's birthday! She is the best mama I know and I wouldn't trade her for anyone. This woman does a lot for me and my sister. She raised me and my sister all by herself since I was 3. A 6 and a 3 year old...I'm impressed. And I must say, I think we turned out alright :)

Some things that I'll always remember about my mama:
1. She used to hold my hand when I had nightmares.
2. Her favorite question to ask us when we were sick is, "Do you feel like you're going to throw up?" No wonder I'm afraid of it now--probably think it's going to happen every time I get sick.
3. We used to have sleepovers in her big bed
4. Our love for biggest loser is kind of a problem
5. Annual Christmas Light Drives (insert hand-wrapping-the-tree movement here ;)
6. This woman keeps her nightgowns for FOREVER!
7. Dinners when we were younger included: cheeseburgers, apple (no skin of course), carrots or maybe peas....chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese...cereal...
8. Cereal! She used to get up and pour my cereal in the morning before carpool came to pick me up.
9. She tends to make up song lyrics
10. She loves sweats and sloggers...yeah sloggers
11. Whenever she washes her face she puts this rope like thing on her head to hold her hair back...don't ask me why this stands out...
12. She pretty much knows the answer to any real life question. Not a whole lot about school questions though :)
13. Unlike the Diet Coke addicts in our family, my mama used to be a Coke lover, which then was passed on to me, but now we happily drink water all the time!
14. She has worn the same earrings since I can remember.
15. This mother of mine can make some pretty scary faces. Just don't make her mad which rarely happens anyway.
16. She loves me even when I destroy the house with Christmas decorations each year.
17. Chocolate is her weakness, and she pretty much died when baked potato soup was no longer at Houston's.
18. She sleeps with a tissue in her hand
19. I still find hideous turtlenecks in her closet along with other interest looking apparel.
20. She's the only person I know that says "Booger snots" in the place of other bad words.

Ok ok..enough of the silly stuff.
21. My mama is the only person who calls me "magster baby"
22. She would do just about anything for me and my sister. From big things all the way down to simple simple things
23. Whenever we feel sad my first response "Do you need a hug?" Which always makes me feel better.
24. I skype with her every morning and it is the highlight of my day
25. She is the greatest mama and I couldn't ask for anyone better.

Mama,
Thanks for putting up with me for 19 years. I know I wasn't the easiest child, but look at me now! All because of you :) Mama, hope you have a great day, and know that at least 2 people in UT love you. PS. That's a nice green turtleneck sweater you have on today :)
Love,
Your magster baby!

 

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post about your mom! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWW. That is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Maggie! Love you,
    Aunt Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet daughter your are. Your mom is very lucky! My birthday is sept 28. You can start thinking about all the great things you want to say about your fabulous aunt. Jk!

    ReplyDelete