Sunday, September 2, 2012

One Week Down

After my first week of school, I realized I only have one more "first day of school" which I might not even get either! Dave and I could be at bullock and I might have started my online classes which totally doesn't even count as a first day of school. Super lame, but very exciting times ahead :)

So how was my week of school? It was exhausting, but good. It's almost like my body is jet lagged trying to adjust to a new sleeping schedule. Here's what my class/internship schedule looks like for this semester:
click on the photo to enlarge
I get some sleep-in time M,W,F if I want but I've been trying to wake up with Dave and go workout when he has ROTC workouts. I figured it'd be better than confusing my body having all different wake up times. So yes, here I am going to bed on Friday around 9 o'clock.
My internship is awesome. I'm going to learn so much and I'm hoping to get all of my hours completed this semester so maybe I can be hired for next semester. The people I work with are great; very funny, enthusiastic  and helpful. I have my first personal training client on Thursday already too! Lots of information to learn, but that's why it's 4 credits of my semester. 

What else. Biomechanics is pretty fascinating, especially since my professor really works with athletes critiquing their technique. Amanda was a TA for that class, so she's my go-to-girl for that one. My professor for Obesity and Weight Management is also my on-campus internship supervisor. What's nice is he really likes to show research data and backs up what he says. Chronic Disease Prevention is probably the least interesting out of all of my classes, but we really haven't gotten into too much material yet. My professor is pretty quirky, but his slides are very bland...hard to look at for 50 minutes haha. Lastly, First Aid. I only have it once a week, but during our first class my professor pretty much asked the class how we wanted to be graded...awesome! He seems very flexible and really wants us to learn the best way WE think we learn...if that makes sense. 

Before my First Aid class I went to the opening social for ROTC with Dave. I was pretty much the only girl, but with both of our schedule's completely swamped and almost at completely opposite times we try to see each other whenever we can. Anywho, the opening social was awesome and I really am getting more and more excited for him to commission and for us to start our cute little army family. Until then my life consists of school and getting into wedding shape! Happy Sabbath, September, and Labor Day!

15 hours completed at my internship...185 to go.
33 days until I go home for my first Bridal Shower. 
82 days until I go through the Temple. 
104 days until I become Maggie Bracero :)

No comments:

Post a Comment