Monday.
Slept pretty well last night. Got to wake up around 9:15. Ate some cereal and met Patrick, Erica, and Brandon with Deanna to do some sightseeing. Patricks favorite saying is "I think..." he thinks he knows where it is. He thinks it's this way. Let just say it took awhile to get to the pantheon and the Luxembourg palace and gardens. But when we got there is was worth it. I ate a yummy ham and cheese sandwich that went through me very quickly, still say it was worth it!! (tmi??)
Deanna found the same ice cream place as yesterday!! We had to stop and get another one :) I got speculos, coffee, and tiramisu flavored.
We had just a little bit more time before we were suppose to leave for our business visit, so we found Lafayette..this huge shopping mall. Someone compared it to Walmart...not even close. They have this huge dome top that had pretty stained glass it looked like. Almost closer to a Nordstroms.
We were really low on time we thought so we went back to the hotel to change and I put my head down for 10 min. Much needed. We had to take another metro system called the RER and it seemed really confusing until we got there. We didn't have to buy a new ticket like our professor said. Also, it didn't take an hour like he said it would! We found cisco in Versailles in a half hour so we were an hour early.
Each business visit has just solidified my decision not to be a business major haha. It's too complex for me. And I want to be doing something where I feel like I'm helping someone... not just about making money.
After, Deanna and I went to champs de élysées again and just walked around for a little. I found a Disney store again! I'm just so excited! (165 days until my wedding!) this study abroad has also made me really excited to do all of this traveling with Dave throughout our marriage.
After taking some photos, Deanna bought a pizza and I had a slice just to try it. Its not as heavy as American pizza which was nice. Gross ending: We were on our way back from champs when we saw a guy grab a beer can out of the trash and drink it...then the homeless guys outside our hotel peed in their sleeping bags...or at least that's what it smelled like! It was just an interesting walk home.
Deanna and I randomly craved chocolate after eating some pizza and I think our whole study abroad group thinks we are crazy. I begged Tyler for a cookie and I traded him a back scratch for one. He didn't specify how long...haha
Overall successful day. Happy Monday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment