Happy Sabbath!
I have woken up three times this morning. First was around 6:15 and I skyped Dave until about 7:45 then went back to bed until 8:30, ate breakfast then went back to bed until 10:15, went to catholic mass at the duomo until 11:00 then went back to bed until 12:45, had our own sacrament meeting then started my afternoon!
Our sacrament was held in the breakfast room of our hotel. We passed the sacrament on plates and in Dixie cups. Some of the girls sang come thou fount and it reminded me of my senior solo! Matt gave a great talk on obedience and how we should wake up in the morning and commit ourselves to being obedient. Every morning. Maybe sometimes we forget and we need that reminder to the start of our day.
Holy moly the rest of my day was crazy random. We went and got lunch at a sit down Italian place. I got spaghetti. It's super funny how none of us order drinks whenever we go out and because of my experience in Rhine valley, no one puts there water bottle on the table.
After some split off and went to go see the David. I got a picture of a life size replica and didnt feel like paying 15 euros to see a naked man even if his name is David. :) Tyler, brandon, and I became best friends for the rest of the day. We first went to a park and played MASH for about a half an hour. Brought back middle school memories. Then we got gelato and sat on some steps at a square. Started walking back to the duomo and I just felt like I needed to stop at this gelato place. Good thing I did! 2nd favorite gelato place (after amorino still)! And they gave us a coupon for a free two scoop. We are going back tomorrow!
Then we pretty much just looked at the map and said "lets go there! It looks significant!" haha Half the places we went to we had no idea what it was at first. Also, we learned the hard way not to get a character drawing of yourself in Italy...they make you look bad! I'm pretty sure we just walked around most of the day...having a hard time remember today! Doesn't seem like a lot was accomplished but I really liked hanging out with those two boys today. Chillin in the park, on bridges, in gelaterias having great conversations...Ladies, these guys are genuinely nice and both single! ;)
I came back to the hotel and had an interview with the director just about how the trip is going. Then I had the most frustrating experience trying to Skype with Dave. After about 2 hours of connection and then disconnection I decided to get my stuff organized and just get in bed. Until tomorrow! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment