Monday.
Such a great morning! I slept in until 9:30, went and had breakfast before it closed, went back to bed until 12! It was a beautiful thing. I got dressed for the business visit then uploaded smoe photos while everyone was off the Internet. We left for BMW around 1.
The first part of the BV was with a member of the church who has worked for BMW for many many years it seemed like. It was very interesting to hear about the differences between BMW and other American or Japanese cars. Also learned that Europeans buy mercedes to show off the car, but they buy BMWs to enjoy the car. It's not a social climber car out here.
We toured the plant which I wish I had pictures of it but I wasn't allowed. We saw how a BMW was made from start to finish. I wanted to know more about the technology but it was still awesome. The robots thez use act like people...opening doors, welding parts, moving parts, etc. They charge the paint and the metal so the paint is attracted and 95% is made onto the car. The final test is the honking of the horn!! I thought that was funny. haha. Overall, the tour was really long and really hot...Germans don't believe in AC. But it was probably my favorite so far!
We traveled back to the hotel where we changed our clothes and started our scavenger hunt FHE. My group didn't reallz do the hunt, but we bought pizza and ice cream! Two scoops of ice cream was double the pirce for a single scoop...makes sense...so I got two singles so I got 2 cones!! Brilliant!
We found the biggst pub in Europe and it was hoppin! After we met the rest of the group at the English garden which was very large and pretty!! I bought a huge pretzel that was 3.70 euros that was kind of a disappointment. Note to self: don't buy food if you aren't hungry...it won't taste as good.
By this point we were all tired so we walked back to the hotel. And I think I'm going to take a shower and head to bed. Tried skyping you Mom but the internet kinda stinks at this hotel...In fact, I'm typing this on the hotels computer and the keyboard is totally different. The z is in the y's spot along with a lot of other differences so...hopefully I didn't butcher this blog post.
Crazy I'll be home in 2 weeks from today! And even more crazy that my boy will be back in 4 days!!!!!!!! It's almost like Christmas is coming. (insert smily face..can't figure out how to type it haha) Off to salzburg in the morning!! Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment