Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 16 Munich, Germany

Sunday.

Happy sabbath! I always have interesting experiences right before I go to bed after I blog so I'll tell you today.

I had to wash my undies yesterday and washing them in a little sink was quite the experience. I can't promise that they are 100% clean but at least they smell like tide now haha. My roommate was out at a movie that a bunch of people went to and I was asleep when she came home. Im sure it was a pleasant surprise coming back to my underwear scattered all over the room haha.

This morning, it was extremely hard to get up. I slept really well which is great but makes getting up difficult.

We walked to church this morning. Professor godfrey said it would take 45 min on the metro...we got there in 20 walking. We were a little early, but a nice missionary greeted us! We started with relief society...in German. German is not a very romantic language. To me every other word sounds like a bad word in English or like they have something stuck in their throat. Trying to sing in German was also pretty humorous.

Holy moly!! Best day ever! Patrick our bus driver took us to the most beautiful place today. It's in the area called Tirol, Austria. It's about 2 hours away but it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Its like the Austria you picture after watching the sound of music...but better. Dave, some anniversary we are coming here!!

We had the funniest experience sneaking around this dock and jumping on the wooden posts...taking pictures that are pretty funny! The mountains are covered with greenery. The hotels and streets are just the cutest. I'm currently writing this on the shore listening to the water. It's unreal! None of us want to go back to munich haha.

BTTB to head to our dinner. The directors made a reservation at a restaurant called brixnerwirt. It very went from beautiful weather to torrential downpours with large hail the size of a quarter. We had schnitzel. Not bad! It was nice to just have a sit down dinner and not have people worrying about paying too much (director paid...probably with our tuition money...$ and we just all hung out.

The bus ride home was longer than expected but we entertained ourselves very well. We played the iPod game, just sang to music, listened to Doh sing half sleeping then turned his name into a song hahah. I've never laughed so hard in my life. Video will hopefully be up soon.

That was my exciting day! I love Austria...love love love! Also, 5 days until I talk to my handsome fiancé. I honestly cannot wait!! Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment