Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 27 Rome, Italy

Thursday.

I'm really am getting excited to go home in 4 days. Ready for my own bed, ready for good water pressure, ready for air conditioning. It'll be nice.

Woke up this morning and said goodbye to Patrick. It was super sad! After we gave him our gift, we headed to the U.S. embassy of the holy see aka the Vatican. We went through 3 different security checks before we had a presentation with a diplomat. I thought it was pretty interesting how rigorous the process is to become a diplomat as well as how much traveling they do. After we got to take a picture with the ambassador quickly before he got into his armored car!

5 of us grabbed lunch at a pizzeria. It was good however the cheese jiggled haha. A meal is not complete without a gelato. Basically we had two hours before our next visit so we had a nice leisurely lunch.

We walked over to caritas internationalis (our final vusiness visit!!!) which is similar to our humanitarian aid. We all hacked the wifi and were just iMessage each other back and forth. He talked way to much...one of those who answers a question with a 20 minute answer.

We toured the colosseum and the forum after. The colosseum was smaller than I expected but still spectacular! It's amazing that that building is still standing. And the forum truly made me feel like I was back in ancient Rome. The ruins are pretty fascinating. I would much rather see all that then paintings in a museum. Way cool.

After, we headed back to the hotel and I skyped with Maarja finally!! Haven't talked to her in forever so that was definitely a highlight of my day. After we headed to a cute little restaurant near town and I got carbonara that was pretty tasty. Ad of course the night wasn't over until we got gelato. Pretty funny stories at the gelateria. This Asian women raced me to a table and was so proud she beat me and then we saw hitler! Ok, he had the mustache. Trying to get a picture was a feat!

After that, I came back to the hotel, skyped my man, took a shower and now it's time to go to bed in my sauna of a room. Beach day tomorrow!!! Hallelujah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment