Friday.
What a much needed day. We got to sleep in a little and then we all put on our athletic shorts that we haven't been able to wear all trip and headed to the beach.
We all got to the metro and everyone was running and we were all thinking they were late for work. Then a lady at security said, "excuse me, do you know that there's a strike going on and the last train is coming??" oh boy!! We raced down and I've never seen a metro so packed in my entire life. So we bagged that idea but luckily the train station was only one stop away. The group split up and I was with three of the best navigators of our group. Oh yeah! We made it to the train station but we missed the first train. Got on the next one and were off to St. Marinella.
I stepped off the train and could already smell the salt water! It was fantastic. The beach was super crowded and mostly reserved, so we had to get an umbrella at the back. It made me so grateful for my free Bethany beach, and popster for always getting up and getting us close to the water!
We spent the day at the beach most of the day. The water was surprisingly cold but it felt so so good! Jay, Caitlin, and I went out and had our own little space then stripped! We were yelling at each other from each of our spots, "did you do it!?" The response was usually a bathing suit waved out of the water. Haha When in Rome! The sand was so stinking hot, I think I have blisters! But I also got some good sun I think. Such a great dayljust to relax and hang out.
We headed back on the train a little after 5. Got back. Took a nice cold shower. Then went to dinner at the same place we went last night and gelato at the same place. I was having déjà vu but they both were great so it was totally worth the repeat.
A lot of us wanted I watch a movie so some watched the notebook while others watched inception on my computer. I skyped my mama an Dave a little in between and now I'm ready for my good night sleep and I get to sleep in!! Woohooo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment