Sunday.
My last day on my study abroad. Time flies! Hopefully the next 145 days will fly by too :) I took more than 10 min to get ready today. Deanna even commented that she's never seen me take so long to put on my makeup. Haha it was nice to get a little dressed up today. We took the metro to the end of the line then walked another ten minutes to church. It was all in Italian today. That's something I'm not sure I'll miss. It's nice to understand whats going on for 3 hours of church.
I was in a tight pencil skirt thinking that I could change after church, but the director wanted a "where's Waldo photo" at the Spanish steps. Smart idea, but I was hot and sticky and chaffing...tmi? We found a little sandwich shop, grabbed a bite, then headed back to the hotel where I stripped down and took a nap in my tank top and my slip!
I woke up cause everyone was came back. It's totally fine cause I was ready for some gelato! My final one!! So so sad. I got a large with mint, coffee, and straciatella. I was a happy camper and you better believe I ate the whole thing!
It took me about an hour to repack all of my stuff. I pulled all the dirty and clean out of my suitcase and checked off everything off my list. I didn't loose anything! I'm so proud of myself! After packing though I realized I needed normal clothes for dinner...it shouldn't be another hour to repack...I hope. I skyped and hung out for a little while and then headed out to dinner around 7:30.
Took us a little while for 6 of us to be happy with our restaurant choice. We finally sat down, ate, and were off to the colosseum around 9:15. So I lied about my last gelato. I got another one with everyone after dinner but sadly it wasn't as good. Should have quit while I was ahead. We met everyone and shot lightening rockets vendors are always selling. Chilling at the the colosseum out final night. Nbd.
We were walking back to the hotel when we discovered the cannoli place was still open. I had to have a taste to end my night on a delicious dessert!! Haley and I split one and then we finally made it back to the hotel. It's now almost 11 and I have to wake up in 5 hours, but I'm not complaining cause I'll be in Washington DC in 23 hours!!
For those of you who have been following my blog on this wonderful experience...thank you! I really have had the best time and I've met so many great people that I want to share with as many people as possible. I'm sure my mama will be sick of hearing about it even just on the drive to our house!! I'm so grateful I was able to travel this much this summer and I can't wait to now travel with my handsome fiancé in the future. Off to get ready for bed! Happy Sunday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment