Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 29 Rome, Italy

Saturday.

Hooray for sleeping in! Didnt get out of bed until 9 today! Ate a croissant or two or three for breakfast, got ready (which consists of me putting clothes on, brushing my teeth, and throwing my hair up), and headed out with Erica, Caitlin, Nate, and jay.

We hit three different spots. First the Trevi Fountain. Then the pantheon. Then the Spanish steps. The Trevi fountain was beautiful and bigger than I was expecting! The pantheon was pretty neat and we even got to go in for free. The Spanish steps was in the nicest little area! Plus, I found my final Disney store haha. The steps were so wide and there was a cold cold fountain that I got to stick my feet it. Needed a much needed cool down. It was hot hot hot today.

After Caitlin found a good cannoli place by the colosseum. My first pod cannoli experience! The last one I tried was soggy and I thought that's how they were suppose to be. Nope! Then we found a little pizzeria, grabbed a slice or two and headed back to the hotel.

Nap time! I literally slept in my undies cause it is so hot in our room with no air conditioning. Luckily, I still got a pretty good nap! Caitlin then came in and was all ready for gelato. I was still stuffed from all the desserts earlier!! But I went anyway...only two more days of gelato! Then we all got on the subway and went to circo Maximo where Caitlin found a good bakery...more food! I got a flaky pastry that I love I just don't ever remember what they are called. We thought circo Maximo was inside a gate however its basically a large oval hole with dirt and a tree in the middle. But it is where the chariot races were held!

By this point it was around 6:30 and we all wanted to get out of the heat and just hang out at the hotel. Caitlin, jay, and I started 21 jump street which is rated R in front of Matt who we later found out is the son of a member of the first quorum of the 70. He did laugh at a few parts! Haha oh well. Then I skyped Dave for a few. Connection kinda stinks. Then it was time for dinner!

Four weeks ago today we all met up as a group at a pub in London. It is crazy that in about 36 hours I will be on a flight to the states. We ate dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant and just enjoyed each others company. Its amazing how much we have learned about each other and ourselves over these four weeks. It's not our final night but that was a great closer to this trip.

We got gelato...I'm getting closer to my final one. Then jay Caitlin and I finished 21 jump street- we put headphones in this time haha. Then I showered and now we are all hanging out before we go to bed! Pretty chill night filled with fun and laughter!! Last day tomorrow! Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment