Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 18 Salzburg, Austria

Tuesday.

Goodbye Germany! Hello Austria...for a night. Woke up this morning ate breakfast and we were on the road by 7:30.

We got to salzburg and we headed off the the Hellburnn castle. The bus system here stinks if they are trying to make money. I had no idea where to pay slash there were so many people I rode the bus for free. The castle was pretty cool. The king or whoever lived there made trick fountains that shot water at his guests. Super funny to watch people get surprised after you've been through. The gazebo in the sound of music was also in the gardens! Deanna and I almost died on the playground too. There was a spinny thing and the closer you pull yourself in the faster you go and you can't let go or you fly off. Basically you hang on for dear life hoping it slows down!!

On our way back we stopped at this nice pizza place. The poor lady was running it all by herself and she even split mine and ericas pizza in half...when most places just give you and extra plate. Plus, we got a spinach pizza and it was delicious!

We were back at the hotel around 3 to move into our rooms then a bunch of us headed to the castle. Holy sweat. I basically took a shower walking up to the castle. It's on a huge cliff and you basically walk straight up. Good work out. In fact Erica and I continued our work out and ran back to the hotel. We were already dripping so why not! Haha
The castle had some pretty awesome views of Salzburg. I wast planning on going but I'm so glad I did.

After, we met back up at the hotel (3rd time today) and headed out to a "pub" that Matt said was really good. It was a bunch of random stands with food that looked super foreign and not edible. I got a baked potato and then some ice cream on our walk back. You really can't go wrong with ice cream.

Now it's 10:15 and I'm showered and ready for bed. I pulled out 150 euros and hoping it'll last me the rest of the trip. I hope!! Must be frugal. :) 2 days tomorrow!!! I love David Bracero! And Salzburg Austria :) such a good day cause I also skyped my mama :D happy tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment