Thursday.
My alarm didn't go off this morning but I woke up around 6:40! Good thing it doesn't take me too long to get ready. I raced downstairs with all my stuff hopped on Skype and called Mr. Bracero and...HE ANSWERED! Happiest girl alive right here :D it's been so hard not to share every detail of this trip with my best friend, but that short 25 minute call was just what I needed.
We drove to a little town called Padua. Before our planned tour we just walked around, some of the girls got some sun dresses. I so proud of myself that I've bought just two shirts this entire time! Kinda crazy what these other girls have bought. We also bought a gelato...that will be mentioned a lot from here on out haha.
We had a tour of a chapel called "musei civici cappella delgi scrovegni" The paintings are painted like a comic book style of Christ's life, so it's big paintings all in a row around the chapel. What's interesting is that this chapel started the renaissance era but it took the rest of the world a few years to catch up. Kinda cool. We weren't allowed to take pictures though :/
After, I went with some people to a little market to grab some lunch (I bought more carrots! Hallelujah for veggies) and then we all met up as a group and went to the bus! 2.5 hours to Parma.
Parma is farm land. It's probably the most barren out of all the places we've been in. We arrived at the hotel and realized the wifi was down. Probably won't be back up until tomorrow after we have left. No Skype time :(
Some of the group wanted to go to the pool near by and some wanted to go to the mall. I went to the mall, got
my second gelato of the day (huge cone for 2 euros), got stared down by some creepy-drunk-Italian men, and then we felt that was a good time to go.
I got back to the hotel and used their fitness facility that consisted of a treadmill, a bike, and one of those hand bike machine things. Never again will I go this long with out working out. It felt so good but at the same time I felt super sluggish.
I was hoping for some wifi just to send a email to dave to not wait up for me if it doesn't work tomorrow morning, so we got a group to head to the mcdonalds. I skyped my mama which was nice minus the fact that she's at the beach! Once we were all done with the Internet we walked back, I showered and now I'm in bed.
Overall experience in Parma...little town, can't say I'd be dying to come back here. Maybe swing through for some original parmesan. (they have Parmesan burgers at mcdonalds haha) Well! Until tomorrow- happy Thursday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment