Saturday.
Fire alarm went off last night. Fire department came and everything! No fire though. We left this morning around 8 am and made it to Dachau concentration camp around 12:30. I think I have mastered the art of sleeping on a bus. I do take over the floor but it works!
The concentration camp was truly unbelievable. A lot of the buildings weren't original but just the fact that we were on the grounds was hard to believe. Sounds cheesy, but it made me so grateful for my life. I can't even imagine. What was interesting was that they don't let you go into the guard towers, so they just want you to have the perspective of the prisoners. Overall, this place is recommended stop if you're going to Munich.
I also think I had one of my first hot meals at the visitors cafe. It was lasagna and it was yummy! I also got a chocolate muffin/cupcake and I made it into a cupcake sandwich like I always do and it fell apart. I got made fun of, but I didn't care because it tasted so good! Ok side tracked...
We loaded the bus back up around 3:30 and headed to the city where our hotel was. Same brand of hotel as last night. It took us forever to figure out what to do. Pool, movie, town...we finally decided to walk into town but then no one could decide what to do/what to eat. I'm making a plan tonight with my travel Europe book! I do not like having a plan.
6 of us decided to eat at this restaurant called Maredo. I love America. I love chips and dip for free. I love tap water. I DO love how you don't have to tip here. Just seem disappointed everytime I eat at a sit down restaurant. Never disappointed with ice cream :)
After wandering around, and taking random pictures in a department store... I had to go to the bathroom and things started closing down, so we made our way back to our hotel.
It's amazing how tired I am by the end of the day. I like Germany so far-cant wait to maybe live here in the future :) I'm sure I'll get a different feel being in one place permanently rather than traveling almost every other day. Pretty much at the half way mark of this trip. Crazy! Happy Saturday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment