Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 14 Heidelberg, Germany

Friday.

One more week until I get to talk to my boy! We took off to Rhine valley around 9:30 this morning. The valley is super pretty!! It was apparently created by a glacier and theres a river that runs through. We took a boat tour for an hour. Got some good pictures.

We ate a sit down lunch for once! I got chicken sticks though haha. Also, I feel like I keep getting into trouble in foreign countries. I drank from my water bottle and the waitress started yelling at me in German. I assumed I wasn't suppose to drink my water.

I bought some yummy chocolate. It started to melt so I felt like I just had to eat it all :) we departed from Rhine valley around 2:30 and headed to heidelberg.

We made it into the hotel and then none of us were sure what to do...including our director (study abroads are very different because of directors!) We heard that a little area called altstadt had lots of little things to do. Deanna Tyler and I bought some goodies and hung out in the Starbucks. Then we walked by the river and saw some motor boats.

After contemplating if it was against the rules or not we went for it. It was super fun and oober slow but i thought we made the most of our time. However, I've decided that mean people ruin my day. I need to not care, but the owner made us pay 4 euro extra for being 4 minutes late "that makes me happy!!" He was just a big jerk about it...your boat goes about mph!!!!! Anyway, we headed back to our hotel and it's 9:04 and I'm ready for bed :) happy friday!

Ps. I only have wifi in the lobby so pictures may or may not be uploaded today.

No comments:

Post a Comment